Author Topic: Win32:Netsky-C [Wrm]  (Read 6163 times)

stumorg

Win32:Netsky-C [Wrm]
« on: February 29, 2004, 11:25:09 PM »
help please,i have  a win32 netsky virus on my computer,it has infected very many files ,i have tried to delete it repair it and remove it, nothing works what can i do ???
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 11:26:22 PM by stumorg »

whocares

Re:Win32:Netsky-C [Wrm]
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 11:33:04 PM »
Hi,

try deleting the files in SafeMode (F8-Boot), also clean your mailboxes and trash from the virus and compress the relevant folders in your email-Client (you might have to disable avast resident shield for cleaning procedures)

you want to read the virus infos an the avast home page about netsky variants, or
read here

what WIN do you have ?
IF XP or ME, and the virus can't be deleted from RESTORE-folder:
disable System RESTORE first and reboot (or with XP: clean system, set a new retore point, and delete older restore points, via  clean-up drive function in XP)
 ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 12:57:17 PM by whocares »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 11:40:40 PM »
Most likely the file(s) is/are in use. Let Avast scan all your drives. When Avast detects it select 'remove on next boot'. After Avast is finished scanning, reboot and it should be gone.

Alternitively you can run Avast while in safe mode (F8 right after the bios status screen) and try to remove it then.

stumorg

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 11:47:24 PM »
Most likely the file(s) is/are in use. Let Avast scan all your drives. When Avast detects it select 'remove on next boot'. After Avast is finished scanning, reboot and it should be gone.

Alternitively you can run Avast while in safe mode (F8 right after the bios status screen) and try to remove it then.

Thanks
I do not seem to have the optio available to "remove on next boot"

stumorg

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 11:53:41 PM »
Hi,

try deleting the files in SafeMode (F8-Boot), also clean your mailboxes and trash from the virus and compress the relevant folders in your email-Client (you might have to disable avast resident shield for cleaning procedures)

you want to read the virus infos an the avast home page about netsky variants, or read here:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_NETSKY.C

what WIN do you have ?
IF XP or ME, and the virus can't be deleted from RESTORE-folder:
disable System RESTORE first and reboot (or with XP: clean system, set a new retore point, and delete older restore points, via  clean-up drive function in XP)
 ;) ;)

I have windows ME
how do I switch off system RESTORE?

whocares

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 12:56:08 PM »
Hi,

instructions for restore you find in my above link from trendmicro (clickable now)
please tell us exactly where the worm was found (full path and filname) ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 12:58:08 PM by whocares »