Author Topic: prosearch worm  (Read 6394 times)

pwood

prosearch worm
« on: March 01, 2004, 12:48:07 AM »
It look like I just got zapped by the by a worm that sends me through Prosearch.com? Is there a way to get this removed. I imagine others how been hit with this to.  ???

MoonlightKnight

Re:prosearch worm
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:25:48 AM »
I searched for this supposed worm of yours, but haven't found a thing online.  What exactly is happening?

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 02:31:12 AM »
try a spyware/adware remover. I dont think it is a worm

Old Salt

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 01:55:11 AM »
So far I'm stuck with deleting prosearch down on top of the Task Bar just to get more space. I've gone into the Control Page, wiped out the Start-Up Page selection and entering www. Yahoo.com.  That works AT THAT TIME .  However , if depart Internet Explorer & return later, the Control Page NOW has

http://prosearching.com PRECEEDING Yahoo.com & thus I get two very fat task bars with garbage selections.

mikesandra

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 03:15:28 AM »
I'm getting the same exact thing.  When I go to my home page on Internet Explorer it always starts off with prosearch.com/passthrough then like cnn.com.  Then I have a blue taskbar at the top and another bar at the bottom.  Any idea how to fix this?

Firstc520

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 03:56:30 AM »
sounds to me like a browser hijack.

go to the following site and download Hijack this.

SCAN your system w/ HJT  and save your log file when it is done.   then post your log (cut and paste)   will take a look at it and let ya know.   i it als o would help to download Adawave from lavasoftusa.com and spybot search and desrty.  run a full system scan and remove what they find.  

Lady Yuna is correct it is spyware/maleware.   hate that stuff.

whocares

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 08:20:58 AM »
Hi,

cwshredder from www.lurkhere.com -> nicefiles
can probably correct this automatically
close all browser windows and other programs before you let it run & fix

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 10:06:38 AM »
I am not sure about CWshredder, because prosearching.com seems to be a lop.com domain. Adaware and Spybot should be able to handle this, or like First_c said, post a ijackthis log
MfG Ralf