Author Topic: confused bout the scan result  (Read 13192 times)

anie

Re: confused bout the scan result
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
hi tech, thanx, im at wit-ends now, i cant find this annoying file, i tried scanning it again, i tried moving it to the avast moved folder, so that i can put it in the chest, but unfortunately the result only says an error has occured during the processing of 1 result(S)! .shall i delete the file permanently or juz in the recycle bin?
 or, uninstall avast and install again?

heres the file i really cant find, C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4;;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000:

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 11:17:23 PM »
hello again nourine, thank u, i did what u said and this is what i found.

the file cannot be opened because you put the path of the file in the internet explorer, you should paste in the windows explorer
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 11:21:32 PM »
hi tech, thanx, im at wit-ends now, i cant find this annoying file, i tried scanning it again, i tried moving it to the avast moved folder, so that i can put it in the chest, but unfortunately the result only says an error has occured during the processing of 1 result(S)! .shall i delete the file permanently or juz in the recycle bin?

heres the file i really cant find, C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4;;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000:

to find this file you should "show hidden files" and " hidden files of the system"
NourinE

anie

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 11:42:40 PM »
hi guys, thanx for all the help, i really appreciate it. with regards to the link that maxx_original gave me a few hrs ago, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29806.0, i check this out and i found somethin interesting what aidendale(a newbie too) said that she found the file in her Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 folder.
since i also have a Logitech Quickcam communicate stx, i made a wild guess this thing may also cause the prob i got, so what i did, before i scan again, i unmark the Logitech Quickcam communicate stx so that it can be excluded while avast is scanning, and fortunately after the scan, i ddnt got any scan results like the 1 i mentioned before. question is, will i keep it that way? exclude Logitech Quickcam during scanning?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »
Nourine, I apreciate your willingness to help, but I'm sorry to say that in this paricular case your recommendations are rather confusing.
The problem is indeed related to the Logitech "folder" (it's not really a folder, in the filesystem sense of word).

Anie, all you need to do to prevent the problem from occuring is not have the Logitech folder checked, thats it.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 11:52:06 PM »
Nourine, I apreciate your willingness to help, but I'm sorry to say that in this paricular case your recommendations are rather confusing.
The problem is indeed related to the Logitech "folder" (it's not really a folder, in the filesystem sense of word).

Anie, all you need to do to prevent the problem from occuring is not have the Logitech folder checked, thats it.

Thanks
Vlk

yes, it's not a file, you're right. I see, thanks.
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

the path of the file system which cannot be scaned is m: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4;;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000:
it cannot be seen,but can be scanned this way :

the filesystem belongs to Avast itself, if you want to scan it successfully.
right click on the icone of Avast, click "Stop On-Access Protection".
Open "Desktop" in the address bar, Copy and Paste this : C:\Program Files\Alwil Software  then press Ok
you'll find a file named " Avast4" right click on it then "scan Avast" and try to scan it.
and see if you'll have the same error.
NourinE

anie

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »

Thanks
Vlk

hi Vlk, thanx alot too, aye, now i know how to prevent it, aaaawww, was really on my wit-ends an hour ago,  >:( LOL! thanx guys for helping me out. now im relieved. ok, goodnight everybody!

anie

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 12:10:16 AM »

the path of the file system which cannot be scaned is m: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4;;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000:
it cannot be seen,but can be scanned this way :

the filesystem belongs to Avast itself, if you want to scan it successfully.
right click on the icone of Avast, click "Stop On-Access Protection".
Open "Desktop" in the address bar, Copy and Paste this : C:\Program Files\Alwil Software  then press Ok
you'll find a file named " Avast4" right click on it then "scan Avast" and try to scan it.
and see if you'll have the same error.

hi nourine, thanx, i ddnt got any error after the scan but i ddnt click the STOP ON-ACCESS PROTECTION, im afraid i leave my pc unprotected.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 12:14:33 AM »
you're welcome anie.
I noticed that avast cannot scan files or file system which are used by another processus. and since the file system that you have in your computer belongs to Avast and cannot be scanned, the Stop On-access Protection is done to be able to scann the unscanned path.
now you have to turn on the ON-access Protection to protect your computer always and  in the real-time.
take care
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:17:11 AM by Nourine »
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42:20 AM »
Vista troubles with symbolic links to files are explained by Igor:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27330.msg223192#msg223192

I never found a better explanation. Sorry, I'm new on Vista too.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 09:02:27 AM »
hah.. the solution is quite simple: uncheck the cam virtual folder in select areas dialog ;).. it gives no sense to scan it and you'll prevent these error messages..

anie

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
Vista troubles with symbolic links to files are explained by Igor:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27330.msg223192#msg223192

I never found a better explanation. Sorry, I'm new on Vista too.

hi tech, nah, no worries, everythin's cool out here now, and im not using vista, only windows xp. enwez, thanx for the help. have a nice day.

anie

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
hah.. the solution is quite simple: uncheck the cam virtual folder in select areas dialog ;).. it gives no sense to scan it and you'll prevent these error messages..

shalom maxx_original, yep, thanx alot for the link u gave me, now im kinda happy all's well on mah pc now. ok, have a nice day to u too.  8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
BTW starting with the next avast update, it won't be possible to select the WebCam folder (there'll be no checkbox next to it) so this should prevent any further confusion.

BTW2 - it's quite funny, I have a very similar picture of my wife (similar to your avatar) - you two seem actually quite similar to each other - same haircut etc. (if that's really your picture on the avatar). At first, I actually thought she was making fun of me and signed up on the avast forum. :)

LOL

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.