Author Topic: Master Password not accepted on my new Windows user profile  (Read 4645 times)

Offline dmd07052

Master Password not accepted on my new Windows user profile
« on: September 07, 2021, 12:10:55 AM »
I really need help. :( Dell believes that my user profile is corrupt and insisted on making a new Windows user profile. All of my programs were copied by Dell to the new profile and they all work correctly in the new profile except Avast. It refuses to recognize my Master Password. There is no problem with the Master Password on my original profile or even on my other computer. They are beatifully synced, but I can't do anything at all with my passwords on the new Windows user account. Every time I enter the Master Password it tells me that it's not correct.....but it IS!!!
Dell doesn't want me to use the corrupt profile, but I can't use the new one until Avast is functioning correctly.
Please, please help! 

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Master Password not accepted on my new Windows user profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 03:26:15 PM »
I really need help. :( Dell believes that my user profile is corrupt and insisted on making a new Windows user profile. All of my programs were copied by Dell to the new profile and they all work correctly in the new profile except Avast. It refuses to recognize my Master Password. There is no problem with the Master Password on my original profile or even on my other computer. They are beatifully synced, but I can't do anything at all with my passwords on the new Windows user account. Every time I enter the Master Password it tells me that it's not correct.....but it IS!!!
Dell doesn't want me to use the corrupt profile, but I can't use the new one until Avast is functioning correctly.
Please, please help!

Hi,

Did you try this? https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=301702.msg1652550#msg1652550