Author Topic: PopFile Incompatiblity  (Read 4992 times)

pwyzorski

PopFile Incompatiblity
« on: March 01, 2004, 03:57:05 PM »
Could someone please inform me of the  precise settings and procedures to configure Avast so that it will work with my Spam Proxy - PopFile.  I want to setup Avast so that it is in between my proxy and my email client.  Currently my Spam filter is not working.  I've tried reading the forum instructions, but they seem ambiguous ??? and they haven't worked.

I am using:
PopFile v.0.20.1
Avast 4.1 Pro
MS Outlook 2002 SP-2

regards,
~P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:PopFile Incompatiblity
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:55:30 PM »
Could someone please inform me of the  precise settings and procedures to configure Avast so that it will work with my Spam Proxy - PopFile.  I want to setup Avast so that it is in between my proxy and my email client.  Currently my Spam filter is not working.  I've tried reading the forum instructions, but they seem ambiguous ??? and they haven't worked.

I am using:
PopFile v.0.20.1
Avast 4.1 Pro
MS Outlook 2002 SP-2

regards,
~P

I do not use Spam Proxy but Spamihilator.
Could you post here the settings for Spam Proxy without using avast!. I mean the default settings of that program? Ports, changes in the pop3/smtp servers used by the email clients...

After that we can analyse them and join then with avast!  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 06:21:35 PM »
Outlook 2002 does not require a special configuration for the mail scanner like other mail programs. Follow just instructions for PopFile.

EVdB

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 07:16:35 PM »
Look here: Popfile configuration

;) Eric

pwyzorski

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 09:10:35 AM »
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  My Popfile was working fine before installing Avast and afterwards it is not.  This doesn't work for me and your explanation does not help.

~P

EVdB

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 12:20:03 PM »
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  My Popfile was working fine before installing Avast and afterwards it is not.  This doesn't work for me and your explanation does not help.
:o Sorry, must have read in a haste.

Ask Gary, writerguy, through a private message or maybe he can post his configuration.

You'll find him here.

Give him my regards!

;) Eric

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »
PopFile may by blocked by the generic mail scanner (ashMaiSv.exe). As it is not needed for MS Outlook, you can remove it from auto-start items with msconfig, and then restart computer.