Author Topic: load avast to another medium  (Read 2078 times)

howard9417

load avast to another medium
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:50:35 AM »
How do I burn avast to a CD or to scandisk. This is to check a computer that does not have access to the internet and is loaded with viruses.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: load avast to another medium
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:00:29 AM »
Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again and burn to CD or USB drive. Use that when you install on off-line system. Success installing an anti-virus on an already compromised system may not be a complete success as there could be stuff on there hiding malware or trying to kill AVs before they get installed.

Before you install avast, you must ensure any previous AV is uninstalled and reboot the system before installing avast.

Although the download of avast will have reasonably up to date VPS signatures it may be worth downloading a full copy of the signatures.
avast! VPS Update - Manual Download - For updating an off-line systems, download using a system with internet connection, save the file to a CD or USB drive and transfer it to the off-line system and run it to update the VPS signatures file.

Copy the avast installation and VPS update files to the off-line system rather than try to run them from the CD.

It is likely to have much i the way of spyware so it would be well worth getting some anti-spyware applications.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode.
1.  If using winXP AVG anti-spyware (formerly Ewido) Resident scanner during trial On-Demand after trial ends. Or SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version. Or Spyware Terminator Resident scanner. Or a-Squared free On-Demand only with free version(if using win98/ME).

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security