Author Topic: anomalies in scan report  (Read 3267 times)

galaxyclass

anomalies in scan report
« on: March 01, 2004, 04:14:30 PM »
After I scan and look in the file "simple user interface.txt" which holds a summary of the scan results avast has listed things it couldn't scan or didn't have access to. Most of the files mentioned are followed by:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

or  

"Access is denied"

I'm sure this never used to happen does anyone know what could be causing this, thanks for any input anyone can offer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:anomalies in scan report
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:58:12 PM »
After I scan and look in the file "simple user interface.txt" which holds a summary of the scan results avast has listed things it couldn't scan or didn't have access to. Most of the files mentioned are followed by:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

or  

"Access is denied"

I'm sure this never used to happen does anyone know what could be causing this, thanks for any input anyone can offer.

Close your programs during the scanning or run the scan at the boot-time.
Another thing... Maybe, uncheck the option 'soft errors' from the Report settings if you did not do this already.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

galaxyclass

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:02:14 PM »
So this is just when avast can't scan because the files are being used by a program? Also, what exactly are 'soft' errors and when you say shut down programs I don't have to get into the mess of shutting down processes do I, I don't have much knowledge in that area.

Thanks, notdarkyet.

P.S I also want to thank all those kind people who've helped me but who's posts I've been unable to respond to (I can be busy sometimes), especially VLK who hs helped me with a few questions I had. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 02:15:01 AM »
So this is just when avast can't scan because the files are being used by a program? Also, what exactly are 'soft' errors and when you say shut down programs I don't have to get into the mess of shutting down processes do I, I don't have much knowledge in that area.

You do not have to shutting down processes...
But if you can, close your applications. You can run a boottime scanning too if you have a 2000/XP system.
Do not worry about the 'soft errors'  ;)
The best things in life are free.