Author Topic: Lost all files and photos after Avast restart  (Read 1779 times)

Offline valkyrie88a

Lost all files and photos after Avast restart
« on: September 10, 2021, 04:33:59 PM »
Avast wanted to restart my computer.  After reboot, all of my personal files and app shortcuts on the desktop was erased.  Rescue Center did not show anything to recover.  Anyone have an idea how to get the data back and prevent this from happening again?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 11:35:18 PM by valkyrie88a »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Lost all files and photos after Avast restart
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
Avast wanted to restart my computer.  After reboot, all of my personal files and app shortcuts on the desktop was erased.  Rescue Center did not show anything to recover.  Anyone have an idea how to get the data back and prevent this from happening again?

Hello,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.