Author Topic: Win32:Trojan-gen {VC}  (Read 9627 times)

Cheryl

Win32:Trojan-gen {VC}
« on: April 06, 2003, 02:41:37 AM »
Hi, I'm back again with a ?.  I download everything to a particular folder, then always run a scan on folder before going further. On doing so a while back, avast found the above virus, tho Norton & AVG did not.  Tried a 'Repair' from the virus warning window, was told it could not be processed, perhaps 'cause  it has not yet been installed.  Search of the forums only gave info that it might be a false positive, further searches gave me nothing.  Don't really know what to do at this point.  Would like to have program, yet certainly don't want  to invite something undesirable in.  Yet, with my only info that it may be false positive, I'm tempted to install & see.
I'm on an XP Home Edition.  The file name is GF_Setup.exe which is for program GreatFamily.  By the way, I downloaded program from a source I trust.
Thanks in advance        Cheryl

Pavel Baudis

Re:Win32:Trojan-gen {VC}
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 09:24:33 AM »
The file name is GF_Setup.exe which is for program GreatFamily.  By the way, I downloaded program from a source I trust
Can you please send the file (or the link to download it) to support@asw.cz ? This is the only way how to verify if it is the false alarm or not...

Thanks in advance!

Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 07:55:07 AM »
Just wanted to thank K.D. for taking the time to look at this program that was causing an alert.  Knowing that it was a false positive, I installed it & am not continuing to get an alert.  It's good to know I can ask questions and get such a helpful response.  Again, thanks    Cheryl

Cowboys_Place

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 11:14:53 PM »
Cheryl, I am glad I found your post for I have the same problem! Except avast tells me the win32: Trojan-gen (vc) virus is located in my C:\Windows\system\winstart001.exe and I don't know what to do about it? I've tried repair with no luck and I'm deathly afraid to click delete :o so if you have any information or know somebody who does that can help me please post that information or even e-mail me at Cowboys_place@Hotmail.com
thank you, sincerely Chris