Author Topic: Avast One mobile wants "full control" of my phone?  (Read 8831 times)

Offline gboman

Avast One mobile wants "full control" of my phone?
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:51 PM »
Why is Avast One for android mobile requesting that I give it "full control" of my phone in order to use Web Shield? This is something that I am extremely reluctant to allow. No app should have "full control" of my phone. Does anyone have experience with this permission? What will actually happen if I allow it? I'm using a Samsung galaxy S9. Thanks!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast One mobile wants "full control" of my phone?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
Why is Avast One for android mobile requesting that I give it "full control" of my phone in order to use Web Shield? This is something that I am extremely reluctant to allow. No app should have "full control" of my phone. Does anyone have experience with this permission? What will actually happen if I allow it? I'm using a Samsung galaxy S9. Thanks!

Hi,

For WebShield to work, the app needs to read the content of the address line from the browser so that it can compare the address with our database. For this, we make use of "Accessibility" permission in Android. You can decline to grant the permission, but the features requiring "Accessibility" in Android will not work.