Author Topic: 2 of 1 devices?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline mattx20

2 of 1 devices?
« on: September 16, 2021, 05:36:32 PM »
Hey there, I've got a question. I've been using Avast Premium Security, Cleanup, and Driver Updater for a few years now on a Windows 7 laptop and due to it getting older and harder to work with, I've recently had to uninstall them and transfer them to my Windows 10 laptop. However, despite this, my Windows 10 laptop is claiming for both Premium Security and Cleanup that they're on 2 of 1 devices even though they're not on the Windows 7 laptop anymore. Is there a way to deal with this discrepancy? I've got a little over a month before I've got my next charge and I'm trying to solve this before then

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: 2 of 1 devices?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:44:23 PM »
Did you actually completely uninstall all 3 them in the win7 laptop ?

If you log on to your Avast Account, you should be able to assign the license from the old windows 7 system to the new installation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mattx20

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 05:46:31 PM »
Did you actually completely uninstall all 3 them in the win7 laptop ?

If you log on to your Avast Account, you should be able to assign the license from the old windows 7 system to the new installation.
Uh, I don't know. I thought I uninstalled them completely and had assistance earlier via a session and they weren't found in the system after a control panel search

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 06:25:52 PM »
If you believe you have them all installed, proceed to the process of assigning the licences in the Avast Account.

Short Cut - Right Click on your Avast tray icon and select Registration Information > Go To Account here you should be able to reassign the licenses to the new installation.

See attached image (click to expand), not this is from my Avast Free installation and may differ slightly from yours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mattx20

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 07:03:00 PM »
If you believe you have them all installed, proceed to the process of assigning the licences in the Avast Account.

Short Cut - Right Click on your Avast tray icon and select Registration Information > Go To Account here you should be able to reassign the licenses to the new installation.

See attached image (click to expand), not this is from my Avast Free installation and may differ slightly from yours.

This is what the two currently look like on my Windows 10 laptop https://imgur.com/a/Z6WK85k

Also, I've gone to my account and I've not seen anything to reassign the licenses. What am I doing wrong?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 07:29:15 PM »
First this is over the last 30 days as it says in your screenshot. So if this is all within the last 30 days then the information is correct, but not saying they are all running together.

Is there anything more  in the drop down down arrow ?

You don't say what you looked at/tried in the Account, did you go to Subscriptions ?
I assume that your current installation is linked to the existing (previous installations) avast account ?

Obviously I'm working in the dark here as an Avast Free user I don't have a Subscriptions section in my Avast Account information.
Please attach your images to the forum (as I did in my first post and attached here), some people don't like visiting unknown 3rd party links.

Offline mattx20

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »
First this is over the last 30 days as it says in your screenshot. So if this is all within the last 30 days then the information is correct, but not saying they are all running together.

Is there anything more  in the drop down down arrow ?

You don't say what you looked at/tried in the Account, did you go to Subscriptions ?
I assume that your current installation is linked to the existing (previous installations) avast account ?

Obviously I'm working in the dark here as an Avast Free user I don't have a Subscriptions section in my Avast Account information.
Please attach your images to the forum (as I did in my first post and attached here), some people don't like visiting unknown 3rd party links.
The 34 days thing is how long I've got before I'm charged. The drop down arrow only shows my email address, which is linked to them. As for subscriptions, I didn't see anything that says it could be transferred. If you know anyone who does have Avast subscriptions that could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. This whole thing is rather confusing

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 09:31:49 PM »
As I said, I'm working in the dark so any image of what you see could help (with any sensitive info, email etc.) obscured.

Even in the Avast Free account settings it has a Subscriptions section although empty.  See attached images.

Is the email  address used for logging into the forum the same as the one used in the initial purchase (if not do you still have that email)  ?

Offline mattx20

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 10:22:01 PM »
As I said, I'm working in the dark so any image of what you see could help (with any sensitive info, email etc.) obscured.

Even in the Avast Free account settings it has a Subscriptions section although empty.  See attached images.

Is the email  address used for logging into the forum the same as the one used in the initial purchase (if not do you still have that email)  ?

All I can remember for sure when I purchased the Avast premiums was with Paypal, and that was at least 2-3 years ago. Said Paypal used the same email address, though I wonder if I should've registered my email earlier to make things easier. I do however have the activation codes for them, maybe that can help?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 02:29:53 AM »
In order to install originally it would have to have been linked to:
A, the email used in your purchase information and that might be different to the email used for your PayPal account.
B, the avast account (I believe that is created on the purchase process) which ties the installation and account.

You should have received an email from Avast with the Order ID and the Subscription/License and obviously your PayPal. 
Are you able to find these ?

Is there anything in the Payments section of the Account  ?

I'm still working in the dark and no idea what you are seeing, we ask questions to better help you without it, I'm guessing.
If you were on an automated annual renewal, you should have got an email a week (or more) to notify you of the impending renewal.

Offline mattx20

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 04:18:14 PM »
In order to install originally it would have to have been linked to:
A, the email used in your purchase information and that might be different to the email used for your PayPal account.
B, the avast account (I believe that is created on the purchase process) which ties the installation and account.

You should have received an email from Avast with the Order ID and the Subscription/License and obviously your PayPal. 
Are you able to find these ?

Is there anything in the Payments section of the Account  ?

I'm still working in the dark and no idea what you are seeing, we ask questions to better help you without it, I'm guessing.
If you were on an automated annual renewal, you should have got an email a week (or more) to notify you of the impending renewal.

I did look at the payments section and it turns out my debit card was used for the first payments, and after a quick look through my emails, the oldest ones I have are for a refund back in 2018. Should I DM you a screencap of that or something? I'm just as lost on what to do

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »
Ordinarily I would try to report this to Avast, but without some details email used and an Order ID, I don't even know if they could find it.

I will however try to attract some attention to this topic and see if an Avast Team member can come up with a way.

Offline mattx20

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »
Ordinarily I would try to report this to Avast, but without some details email used and an Order ID, I don't even know if they could find it.

I will however try to attract some attention to this topic and see if an Avast Team member can come up with a way.
I can say what my email address is in a PM/DM.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 09:14:18 PM »

If it is the same as the one you used to log on to the forum (I have limited permissions to view that).

If you have the email used then you should be able to contact support.
Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.

It will ask for the email address and crucially the Order ID (that I was trying to extract), use 0000000 witch should get you past that hurdle and be able to try and get the license, registration number that you seek.

Offline mattx20

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 09:44:28 PM »

If it is the same as the one you used to log on to the forum (I have limited permissions to view that).

If you have the email used then you should be able to contact support.
Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.

It will ask for the email address and crucially the Order ID (that I was trying to extract), use 0000000 witch should get you past that hurdle and be able to try and get the license, registration number that you seek.

Okay, which order ID do I use? I just got the screencap to work finally