Author Topic: NEW version: 21.3.10846  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
NEW version: 21.3.10846
« on: September 17, 2021, 11:44:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

New version 21.3.10846 of Avast Cleanup product has just been released!

What's new in Avast Cleanup product?
  • A new logo for Avast! — As the digital world changes, we change with it. We’re proud to unveil a new expression of our identity, reflecting our continued commitment to protecting people’s digital freedom.
  • Update more programs – Our updater supports a lot of new programs. Now Cleanup can update Discord, AnyDesk, KeePass, Paint.NET, Steam, Sumatra PDF, Telegram, Total Commander, Viber, WhatsApp, WinSCP, and Zoom.
  • Improved - Rescue Center now stores all the backups for 1 month instead of 2 weeks so you have more time to revert the changes you made with the product.
  • Fixed - Not possible to update iTunes in Software Update feature.
  • Fixed - Broken web app links from Google Chrome after cleaning.
  • Fixed - Banner is visible over all screens and thus sometimes covered the other functionalities (e.g. setting).
  • Apart from that, we fixed many other bugs and made under-the-hood improvements to keep Cleanup working smoothly.

How you can get the latest version?

Enjoy the latest version!

Thank you,
Avast Cleanup team.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:02:41 AM by Stellarman »

Offline Pako7

• Poster
  • 18 years with Avast and i still recommend it
Re: Subject: NEW version: 21.3.10678
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:08:17 PM »
Today i noticed that cleanup has been updated with a new logo ... But then i tried to make a scan the scan wel well but unfortunatelly it hasnt completed, tried several restarts and re did the scan but still failed ...

words on scan are also dull
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 16GB Ram/ avast! Premire 20.3.2405 (Build 20.3.5200.561) / Chromium Edge Version 81.0.416.72 (Official build) (64-bit), Avast Cleanup ,avast! mobile security

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Subject: NEW version: 21.3.10678
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
Today i noticed that cleanup has been updated with a new logo ... But then i tried to make a scan the scan wel well but unfortunatelly it hasnt completed, tried several restarts and re did the scan but still failed ...

words on scan are also dull

Hi,

Since we use certain API from Windows to scan particular Windows folders which usually take more time to complete, please try to run Windows Disk Cleanup to see whether it also takes that much time to complete.
If not we would need to take a closer look at this issue and I would ask you for logs from your machine.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please send me your email address you have used there into PM so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.