Author Topic: Conflict with Logitech (diNovo) SetPoint v1.05 software  (Read 5029 times)

mastabog

Conflict with Logitech (diNovo) SetPoint v1.05 software
« on: March 01, 2004, 11:48:32 PM »
First off, since it's my 1st message on avast!'s forum, huge congrats on the wonderfull software!!!
I remember the first time when i discovered it I was in complete awe for several minutes grinning and smiling in front of the monitor like an idiot trying its features :). I simply adore avast! antivirus.

Now back to my problem. I think it's actually a bug in Logitech's SetPoint v1.05 software (considering Logitech's software/driver reputation ...).

After installing the Logitech SetPoint 1.05 the avast! Outlook/Exchange plugin stopped functionning. It no longer loaded. The changes in version 1.05 of SetPoint since 1.04 (which had no problems with avast!) include: MS Outlook support (a plugin to display notifications on the mediapad when new mail arrives) ... so the source of the problem becomes clearer.

Also, I uninstalled completely the SetPoint software and the problem still persists ... the avast! outlook/exchange plugin does not load. Seems that it's messed up pretty good. I will have to reinstall avast! since i dont know exactly where in the registry or file was the plugin ment to start. I tried stopping/restarting/pausing/customizing the outlook/exchange service etc ... nothing worked.

If anyone (maybe an avast! rep.) can tell me what file/reg entry to modify to simply reactivate the exchange plugin it would be great.

I also posted a message about this in Logitech's forums but thought it was a good idea to put one here. Maybe avast! and Logitech can work together to fix this.

Thank you. Cheers,
Bogdan

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Conflict with Logitech (diNovo) SetPoint v1.05 software
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 11:51:42 PM »
Is this Outlook XP or 2K3?
Try Outlook About box -> Disabled Items. Isn't avast on the list?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

mastabog

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 12:36:57 AM »
This is one of those moments when I should hide. Yes, it was on the disabled list. It works again now.

It was Office 2k3. I will also inform Logitech about this but still, the SetPoint software shouldnt disable my avast! :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers,
Bogdan

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 02:52:07 AM »
This is one of those moments when I should hide. Yes, it was on the disabled list. It works again now.

It was Office 2k3. I will also inform Logitech about this but still, the SetPoint software shouldnt disable my avast! :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers,
Bogdan

Never mind... Wellcome to forums  ;)
If you need any kind of help, just come back  8)
The best things in life are free.

mastabog

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 11:12:34 AM »
Thanks for both. I hope I wont play the same role as my 1st in my future comebacks :)