Author Topic: How to Disable Avast Background Processes  (Read 861 times)

Offline ShitPcEnthusiast

How to Disable Avast Background Processes
« on: September 17, 2021, 11:52:49 PM »
Hello
I would like to ask how to Disable Avast Background Processes without forbidding Avast to launch at startup

I, like many others, don't have the best pc ever. I value every byte taken of anything ever.
I also value my security and I understand the value of Avast protection

What I want  is:
1. To be able to Let avast run at startup, as it usually does;
2. Ability to, In case I deem it Necessary and Safe, Disable every background process Avast has in the task manager.

(all of these: 
)

if the answer is simply "you don't" then Please tell me so, so I try to find another way to take care of my PC's security.

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
Re: How to Disable Avast Background Processes
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
Once you disable Avast protection, the processes will hardly consume resources and if your pc does not support that, then to use it without protection or I see sense to have any antivirus.

But to close them completely you will have to turn off the self-protection from settings and close them from the task manager once their protection is disabled

Offline ShitPcEnthusiast

Re: How to Disable Avast Background Processes
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 10:02:01 AM »
I understand, thanks for helping.

Also, I wanted to mention that Avast, even with core shields disabled and, consumes up to 170-180Mbs of memory, which might not be much but for me and my pc that's almost 12% of all memory. Even though it doesn't consume any CPU resources, sometimes I really need every bit of that extra memory
I hope you understand my position better
thanks again and bye