Author Topic: Unable to uninstall programs after system restore ... :(  (Read 3094 times)

Happy-Dude

Unable to uninstall programs after system restore ... :(
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:30:08 AM »
Heya guys again ...

It seems that after my system restore, I wasn't able to uninstall some programs, such as WinDVD 4. Guys, help me out here !!

EDIT-
I cannot find the uninstall file/program in the Add/Remove area or the folder area, help me out !!

EDIT 2-
The programs currently that I cannot find an uninstall file is: WinDVD 4 (for redundant to VLC player), Spybot S&D (for new version). Both I have uninstalled before the restore point, which seems that the restore point restored its files but not its executables.

Right now, my only solution to this is to reinstall and uninstall once the files are reinstated. Thank god that I was able to find WinDVD4 packages around the net (I have new respect to servers that keep old installers). Fortunate this time :) !!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:47:12 AM by Happy-Dude »

micky77

Re: Unable to uninstall programs after system restore ... :(
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
Why don't you try undoing the system restore.If you open up system restore,you should see the option to undo my last restoration.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Unable to uninstall programs after system restore ... :(
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:09:24 PM »
Happy-Dude, try Revo Uninstaller... it can search for 'missing' programs and uninstall it.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
It's free 8)
The best things in life are free.