Author Topic: Bit@UOM.dll.vbs  (Read 2883 times)

varuna

Bit@UOM.dll.vbs
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »
The virus Bit@UOM.dll.vbs was found by avast in my flash drive and was moved to chest as it was the recommended action.The problem now is when double clicking the flash drive instead of opening the drive it displays the message  "Can not find script file E:\Bit@UOM.dll.vbs".E is the flash drive here.When right clicked and chosen the open popup menu, it opens the drive.Please let me know the action I can take for this problem

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Bit@UOM.dll.vbs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »
If it is a good detection there is something else on your flash drive that is trying to load this file and I would suspect that it is autorun.inf. This is just a text file so it can be opened by notepad or other text editor.

Check the contents there will most likely be a line to run the Bit@UOM.dll.vbs file to try and infect the system you are connection to. If it is there you should delete the line save and exit from the file. Before doing this I would first confirm the detection on Bit@UOM.dll.vbs.

Check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently over 30 different scanners.

Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. Whichever scanner you use, you can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

varuna

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:01:45 PM »
Tank you DavidR for your info indeed there is a autorun file But why is it that avast does not move that to the chest also?
 Varuna

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:52:53 PM »
Because the simple answer is that 'it' isn't infected it just contains a command to run the malware. However, you didn't confirm that it actually has the command line, which was mentioned, I can only assume so ?

The autorun.inf is a legitimate file especially on removable media and usb drives, if that was deleted or moved it could have adverse effects on your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 03:38:24 PM »
Tank you DavidR for your info indeed there is a autorun file But why is it that avast does not move that to the chest also?
You can use autorun editors to change that file. For instance, click here.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »
There shouldn't be any need for a special editor for autorun.inf it is just a text file that should be able to be opened and edited by notepad.