Author Topic: Avast blocks Banco do Brasil  (Read 1171 times)

Offline ivair.gontijo

Avast blocks Banco do Brasil
« on: September 19, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
   I installed the Avast Ultimate 2 days ago. Now I cannot access "Banco do Brasil" in Brasil. Their security system is uninstalled by Avast. I re-installed it 3 or 4 times already and the installation works correctly, but the end result is the same. Normally even their open to the public websites don't load and timeout.
   Searching here, I found messages of a similar problem since 2015! It is surprising that problems like this don't get fixed quickly.
   Many other websites also became unreachable and I get the message "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." This happens even with some avast pages. :-)
   I tried to contact customer support and found the phone number 1 844 753 4362 in the help within the Avast application. When I called, I got the reply that this number is no longer active.
   Please help!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast blocks Banco do Brasil
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 10:20:12 PM »
First let me say I'm not an Avast employee, but an Avast user trying to help other avast users.

It is pointless comparing issues from 6 years ago as much has changed not just in AV terms but also malware terms.

What would help more is why you can't connect  ?
Error messages and or screenshots of the alert window with the More Details section open.

You mentioned a security system being uninstalled by Avast (very strange and unusual, blocked possibly), can you give more information on this (excluding anything confidential)  ?

Personally telephone support is unlikely to be able to help.  Some telephone support is done by 3rd party Support services, I don't know if this is the case here or not.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ivair.gontijo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:20:37 PM »
   My bank uses a protection module called "Warsaw" from Diebold-Nixdorf. Because of the problems I've had, I uninstalled Avast Ultimate (all programs), and did a windows restore to the restore point before all these problems started. Then I installed the bank security module and got into my account. After that I re-installed Avast premium security and things seemed to work, as I was still able to access my bank account.
   Just to make sure I re-started my computer and everything rebooted correctly, including Avast. Then I tried to get to my bank account and the problem came back! The bank website says that I don't have their protection module installed! Re-running their installation program finishes correctly, but does not solve the problem. I keep getting the same issue that the protection module is not installed.

Offline ivair.gontijo

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 11:57:47 PM »
   Also, turning off the Avast firewall made no difference.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 01:55:49 PM »
   My bank uses a protection module called "Warsaw" from Diebold-Nixdorf. Because of the problems I've had, I uninstalled Avast Ultimate (all programs), and did a windows restore to the restore point before all these problems started. Then I installed the bank security module and got into my account. After that I re-installed Avast premium security and things seemed to work, as I was still able to access my bank account.
   Just to make sure I re-started my computer and everything rebooted correctly, including Avast. Then I tried to get to my bank account and the problem came back! The bank website says that I don't have their protection module installed! Re-running their installation program finishes correctly, but does not solve the problem. I keep getting the same issue that the protection module is not installed.

Hi,

Is the "bank security module" a desktop application or a browser extension? Do you access your bank via any particular browser?
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Antivirus-shield-settings/

Could you try to temporarily disable the Avast Shields and see if that helps?
(Right-click on the Avast Antivirus icon in the system tray > click on Avast Shields Control > select an option)

Avast Support can be contacted via: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/paid