Author Topic: Operation cannot be completed, 0 providers total - avast on Vista Home Premium  (Read 2183 times)

BunkFace

Whenever I try to doubleclick avast's icon in the notification area, the ff: error message appears: Operation cannot be completed.

If I hover my cursor on avast's icon in the notification area: it says 0 providers total, 0 running.

The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. avast's license key has already been entered.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Are you getting any errors on boot about no protection or other messages, if so what ?

Have you made any changes to your avast installation ?

Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Open the On-Access Protection Control (right click the avast icon), try starting the processes, does that stick when you reboot ?

Check that the avast services (ashServ.exe and ashUpdSv.exe) are set to auto, sorry I can't say how to check that I don't use Vista. Windows Start, Run, type services.msc does it in XP.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security