Author Topic: Avast Passwords Unable To Log In  (Read 5101 times)

Offline saishuhane

Avast Passwords Unable To Log In
« on: September 26, 2021, 03:16:26 AM »
So I've installed the iOS 15 and since then it wants me to log in using my avast password for https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Install-Passwords/ . I'm on an iPhone and I recognize that the product is not updated anymore.

I just got off the phone with support and they said that they don't have phone support ironically for phones. He told me specifically to fill out a privacy form since the product doesn't show up on the paid apps and the support for free apps (which this was) just says to come here. I did actually fill out the privacy form, but to be honest, it sounds like he was just trying to get rid of me.

Avast Passwords does still recognize my face, but when I input my password it acts like I didn't after login. I'll type in and it'll say "confirm new password" and when I press the button, it just removes the password and I'm right back where I started.

I've reset my Avast Password twice on the site since then, but it's still not any better.

Offline saishuhane

Re: Avast Passwords Unable To Log In
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 03:59:56 AM »
Tried the phone number again and this new guy actually put in a ticket and gave me a ticket number. So a lot more helpful. If it's the case that they can actually resolve this, I'll post what the fix was.

Offline jenialem

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 11:10:53 PM »
I have absolutely the same issue. Nothing happens on my screeen..

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
I have absolutely the same issue. Nothing happens on my screeen..

Hi,

Can you please attach a screenshot (before and after - do not include personal details)? Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline saishuhane

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 12:19:31 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwl68k1my03izu3/IMG_9134.jpg?dl=0

This is the one we're stuck on if they're issue is the same as mine. Filling out the password and either clicking "Confirm new password" or pressing "Done" on the phone keyboard clear out the password field and does nothing. No error messgae.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 02:56:03 AM »
You can attach the screen shot in the forum to avoid connecting to a third party site.

See attached image below, click to expand.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline saishuhane

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 03:48:30 AM »
Here it is

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 11:04:20 AM »
Thanks for that, hopefully r@vast can get back to the topic .
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 04:48:51 PM »
Here it is

Hi,

Did you change your password prior to receiving this message?
Please disconnect your device from the internet and then try to open Avast Passwords.
Please let me know if this helps.

Offline saishuhane

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 08:18:34 PM »
I got an email saying my password had been reset by Avast, but when I tried to click on the link in the email, it said it was expired so I reset the password myself.

After turning on airplane mode, I was able to get in, but it seems that I can't use it anytime else.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 02:50:44 PM »
I got an email saying my password had been reset by Avast, but when I tried to click on the link in the email, it said it was expired so I reset the password myself.

After turning on airplane mode, I was able to get in, but it seems that I can't use it anytime else.

Hi,

The next step would be to reset your backup data. You will essentially have to start from scratch. Please make sure to copy all of your Avast Passwords data so that you can add them again later.
Please let me know once you are ready to proceed, and we will delete your backup data.