Author Topic: Avast Pro is too expensive...  (Read 7667 times)

Offline dougjp

Re: Avast Pro is too expensive...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
First post  :)  I just switched my wife's computer from Norton to Avast!, Norton on my computer doesn't expire for some time yet. I'm pleased with how Avast! works on her computer although the interface is a bit hard to get used to.

I'm delighted to see some interim pricing option for home users is being considered! The gap to $ 39.95 for the real time script blocking feature which is the thing I would like is too much. There is no real incentive for Home users to provide cash flow to the Company as almost all decide they can live with the free version. In considering what option to offer, an idea:

With 30 million Home version users registered, how about an option to provide the pro version to EXISTING Home users for $ 5-9.95? And/or two licences for $ 10-15.95. No future (ie: annual payment) time limit, just annual re-registration as with the Home version.

The logic of this is Home users are already registered as such. New Avast! Home users have to first register the free version and then when the activation key is provided, they are offered the chance to upgrade. For existing Home users to know, you have their e-mails and can therefore announce this new option. Home users then have a viable option which is enough for most to react positively to, and Alwil has, I would guess, about $ 100 million "found money".  :P 8)  This doesn't alter the competitive landscape at all. 

mojako_2you

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »
Yeh......I also think that avast pro are to expensive...
I come from Malaysia....
Here only 2 antivirus are to be sold in many computer center...
They are kaspersky and panda...
I already used avast home for a long time....
Just wan to switch to Avast pro but the price are to expensive I think for us as the different of the currency value between our money and us dollar...
And also the virus detection rate of avast also are lower than kaspersky that make many of user pay for the kaspersky...
Here I got many of my friends that are using Avast Home after getting some advice from me...
I can pursuide them to buy Avast pro...but I just afraid as they are a normal user...a simple virus also make them scared.... as the virus detection are so slow because of the virus detection are so slow...
Avast not suitable i think for a normal user as they didnt know to much about computer and depend on the antivirus itself to monitor the computer and laptops...
I think this is the time Alwil software to work hard to provide the No. 1 antivirus solution as I think this is the best antivirus that i ever used although kaspersky are the best but i still using avast...I dont know why but what happen... im still using Avast although many of my friends starting to change to kaspersky....

Hope Avast will be the no. 1...gogogogo

Offline dougjp

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 02:33:05 PM »
Anything further about a possible low cost option for home users?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
Anything further about a possible low cost option for home users?

You should hear about something in about a month or so...

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline dougjp

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »
OK, 2 months on....... Estimated time until something new?