Author Topic: Expiration of Avast  (Read 6303 times)

Offline N@URINE

Expiration of Avast
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:18:44 AM »
Hi !
I have avast 4.7 home edition 4.7.1029.
I made a right click on the Avast's Icon then "About Avast!..." and I found that the updates expiration is on Saturday 1st December 2007.
I want to know what should I do when the updates are expired.
Should I purchase another license key? or  have I to re-enter the current key that I have?
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Expiration of Avast
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:21:21 AM »
I want to know what should I do when the updates are expired.
Should I purchase another license key? or  have I to re-enter the current key that I have?
You need to register again (for free), receive a new key by email and add it like you've done before 8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 04:25:08 AM »
 :)
thank you so much Tech for answering me at once and for your efforts to help me too
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 04:36:25 AM »
:)
thank you so much Tech for answering me at once and for your efforts to help me too

You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:53:55 AM »
many thaaaaaaaaaaaankks. :)
more questions please:
is there a newer version than avast home edition 4.7.1029?
if I make an update of the program do I need a new license key?
NourinE

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:10:50 AM »
Just use the key you have now. Remember the key will still expire Dec. 01 2007.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22:20 PM »
is there a newer version than avast home edition 4.7.1029?
Yes, 4.7.1043, just start a program update.

if I make an update of the program do I need a new license key?
No.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 04:10:40 PM »
I made the update of the program without any trouble. thanks to you Teck and Oldman.
but, I have a problem with the windows update.(I have Windows Xp professionel vision 2002 Service Pack 2)
I installed all the latest available updates for my windows from "www.update.microsoft.com", however there's one update doesn't install. and I receive this error :
(0x80070020 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

I looked for the cause in "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825/eng" and I found:

"WORKAROUND
Warning This workaround may make your computer or your network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.To work around this problem, you must temporarily turn off the real-time scanning feature of your antivirus program. See the documentation that is provided with your antivirus program for more information about how to turn off real-time scanning.

After you turn off real-time scanning by your antivirus program, download the updates from the Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site, but do not install the updates. After you download the update files, turn on real-time scanning by your antivirus program. Use your antivirus program to scan the update file for any potential virus. After your antivirus program has scanned and verified the update files, you can then install the updates."

I did all what's suggested as a solution but without any result.
can you please help me?
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »
this is the update which doesn't intall :
"Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)"
by the way my windows is in French.
thanks in advance.
NourinE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »
I wouldn't be overly concerned about this one, I never bothered with it at all as i feel I'm more than well protected than using this one time monthly scan by MS.

I too would echo their recommendation to disable real time scanning just to be able to download this. There should also be no need to disable avast to be able to do it either as there are many avast users who 'do' download the Malicious Software Removal Tool and run it with avast installed and running with no problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
There should also be no need to disable avast to be able to do it either as there are many avast users who 'do' download the Malicious Software Removal Tool and run it with avast installed and running with no problem.
I'm an example of it...