Author Topic: Avast icon disappears  (Read 5869 times)

Luzette

Re: Avast icon disappears
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »
I am doing nothing!! I am no sending and no checking any email!! That is the problem!!!
On our server we have spam assassin and the spam arriving on my email is very very poor!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
I am doing nothing!!
If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest AVG, Panda and/or F-Secure BlackLight.

Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here and, specially, scan and submit to on-line analysis the RunScanner log would help to identify the problem and the solution.
The best things in life are free.

Luzette

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »
I will do it again thank you very much!!!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »
The reason for the question was for confirmation that it wasn't anything you might be doing so we can get on with trying to find the malware responsible.
Was anything found with AVG anti-spyware ?

It is possible that what is sending these emails is hidden by something else and that is why avast and SAS aren't finding anything. This could be a rootkit and the anti-rootkit tools suggested by Tech may be able to remove that so the spambot can then be found.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Luzette

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »
for AVG anti-spyware my pc is clean! I will do the procedure that you and Tech suggest.
Thanks a lot