Author Topic: ? seems i send a e-mail but not so  (Read 2477 times)

Chief-ADFP

? seems i send a e-mail but not so
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:52:47 PM »
Copy of the e-mail i got? totally lost
The Creative Labs corporate email system has detected a banned or restricted attachment in your email. This email has been quarantined on our server. It is the policy of Creative Labs, Inc. to block the email transfer of files having specific file extensions.

If you wish to send an email containing one or more of these files, please zip the file(s) prior to sending.

Thank You,

Creative Labs, Inc.
Information Technology Department

The message sent to sb4830**@**creative.com; on 2004-03-02 11:59:52 may be inappropriate.

Sender: chiefadf**@**softhome.net
Message subject: Re: My details
Policy name: Global
Filter name: Blocked Attachment File Extension
Action on the message: Notification;Quarantine

the thing about it is my send file folder or the e-mail address its not listed at all? The message sent to sb4830**@**creative.com; on 2004-03-02 11:59:52 may be inappropriate. so how did this happen? i reply to them and my e-mail host server telling them i no way have send this to this address main reason i don't even know who they are ref; sb4830**@**creative.com i have did a bootscan and Deepscan of everything no then was found at all. use Fix-It Utilities 5 antivirus and avast! Antivirus 4.1 for the home no then at all? is this a fake notice?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 12:57:50 PM by Chief-ADFP »

trigger

Re:? seems i send a e-mail but not so
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 12:56:21 PM »
I get such emails now and then. I believe we are the fictim of email address spoofing. Spammers, virus distributers sent out emails with random, fake, gathered email adresses. One of them apperently was yours. The message is blocked and a reply is sent to the from address allthough that is not the original originator. The only thing you can do about it is get another email address..

Peter