Author Topic: Looks like you're offline  (Read 901 times)

Offline im_not_you_ever

Looks like you're offline
« on: October 23, 2021, 04:15:57 AM »
I had some hardware issues with my PC and one of the issues I encountered while troubleshooting was that all my avast apps would say I'm offline when I very obviously wasn't and I can still use Chrome and Discord. I reset Windows 10 in an attempt to fix those errors and after reinstalling Premium Security, Cleanup Premium, and Driver Updater everything still says I'm offline and I can't actually use any of them. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Turns out this isn't just an Avast thing. Windows itself thinks I'm not connected to the internet and I can't use most apps that require me to be. If I open Network and Internet Settings it just freezes up and closes itself.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:23:52 AM by im_not_you_ever »

Offline InvisibleMan

Re: Looks like you're offline
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »
It could be improperly set Firewall (or VPN) from some other company installed on your computer.

Perhaps, your network isn't configured right.

If you can use a browser from that computer to visit websites, then something is wrong with your OS and some software installed on it.

If you can't, then maybe your hardware isn't working properly.

I would recommend calling a service guy from some computer help service, or maybe from the place you bought your computer at.

You really need some tech support about that issue.