Author Topic: Consider adding a Home Network Scanner  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Scott503

Consider adding a Home Network Scanner
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:41:23 AM »
While this is a fine product it should have a home network scanner. The lack of one can be a big gap in security.
Just yesterday I found that a neighbor of mine had figured out how to login into my home Wifi and I had no idea they were using it until I turned on my second computer which still has Bitdefender as I'm waiting for the subscription to run out notified me about a new unauthorized device connecting to my network but the damage had already been done.

If Avast One had a home network scanner I could've stopped my neighbor immediately. While this is the first time I've ever had this happen it has me leery that it could happen again.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Consider adding a Home Network Scanner
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
Dev-Info: Network analysis and protection features in the spirit of Wi-Fi Inspector are on our shortlist of features to add. I cannot make any commitments or provide ETAs at this point though. Feedback like this helps us prioritize so thank you for raising the topic!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Scott503

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 06:35:43 AM »
Dev-Info: Network analysis and protection features in the spirit of Wi-Fi Inspector are on our shortlist of features to add. I cannot make any commitments or provide ETAs at this point though. Feedback like this helps us prioritize so thank you for raising the topic!
Thank you for the information hopefully they implement it in the next couple of months.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 09:18:41 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0