Author Topic: Cancelled VPN - have no active subscriptions - been charged £74.99  (Read 7015 times)

Offline tom488

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help or if this was a common problem -

I cancelled my subscription to avast vpn some years back, however, today at random I have been charged. Under my subscriptions page I have no active subscriptions, and nothing is showing on my account. It's not even showing that I have any payments or invoices.

I have no order confirmation or payment emails.

The payment is showing from my paypal page as from Digital River Ireland Ltd.

Does anybody have any advice?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline conax

Re: Cancelled VPN - have no active subscriptions - been charged £74.99
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:36:54 PM »
I requested a refund over a month ago since VPN crashed my computer and I had to wipe it out to re-install windows.
I did request the refund with all blocks filled out.
AVAST still shows me having it, no refund has credited to my bank, I don't want it, want my money back and your refund request page is asking for info I no longer have, because your program caused it all to crash.  I already jumped through the hoops for a refund, what good would it do to do that again?
Cancel my VPN, refund my money.
Don't bill me again, I will seek out legal assistance.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 09:03:05 AM »
I requested a refund over a month ago since VPN crashed my computer and I had to wipe it out to re-install windows.
Hi, post your ticket-ID.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 10:31:54 AM »
AVAST still shows me having it, no refund has credited to my bank, I don't want it, want my money back and your refund request page is asking for info I no longer have, because your program caused it all to crash.  I already jumped through the hoops for a refund, what good would it do to do that again?
Cancel my VPN, refund my money.
Don't bill me again, I will seek out legal assistance.

Hi,

You do not seem to have created any tickets yet.
Your order information would have been sent to C****@gmx.com
Please contact Avast Sales support via: https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_other_general
Your order id: 1094650774439

Offline conax

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:22:45 AM »
Yes. Two days after I started using VPN the computer crashed, the hard disc was replaced and the order info lost.
You have it, I don't.  Any lack of a ticket happened at your end. I went through the process to ask for a refund, your system admits I don't have the VPN installed on any machines, and we're only talking about $25 here.  It said it usually took a few days,
I waited a month before trying to start up this mess since the refund might appear.  Your support page is like a rabbit hole, repeatedly asking for particulars you all ready have.

Offline Syavko

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 10:41:25 AM »
Yes. Two days after I started using VPN the computer crashed, the hard disc was replaced and the order info lost.
You have it, I don't.  Any lack of a ticket happened at your end. I went through the process to ask for a refund, your system admits I don't have the VPN installed on any machines, and we're only talking about $25 here.  It said it usually took a few days,
I waited a month before trying to start up this mess since the refund might appear.  Your support page is like a rabbit hole, repeatedly asking for particulars you all ready have.
same thing for me, i already waiting 1 month to solve my problem and they keep sending me onlt satisfaction surveys about support after every ticket...

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 09:03:47 AM »
same thing for me, i already waiting 1 month to solve my problem and they keep sending me onlt satisfaction surveys about support after every ticket...

Hi,

You do not seem to have any orders/subscriptions for Avast SecureLine VPN.
Nevertheless, I have escalated your case.

Offline Syavko

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 09:56:04 AM »
thats the problem that money was taken and programm hanged and didnt gave any key but money went away from bank account. im already tired to explain this everytime.
what you have escalated? i already wait too long, such big company and doing slow on support! -_-
only thing what this company does fast is charging money from bank account...
Here is that Order Summary: 1141392824439
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:58:56 AM by Syavko »