Author Topic: STUCK AT 83% DURING SCANNING THE ADVANCED ISSUES  (Read 4634 times)

Offline shekharendu7

STUCK AT 83% DURING SCANNING THE ADVANCED ISSUES
« on: October 28, 2021, 02:57:47 AM »
IT'S AVAST ONE ESSENTIAL, THE FREE ONE. ANY FIX ON THAT PLEASE? FACING THIS ISSUE SINCE THE INSTALLATION. I AM USING WINDOWS 11 PRO VERSION. PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SOLUTION. THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 03:00:01 AM by shekharendu7 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: STUCK AT 83% DURING SCANNING THE ADVANCED ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 05:50:19 PM »
Hi,

Can you please try to repair the application (via Account > Settings> Troubleshooting)

Offline shekharendu7

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 06:25:43 PM »
Yes i tried it too. After repairing it works again but after some day the problem occurs again. Happened 2 times. After that I've posted on this forum.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 05:18:13 PM »
Yes i tried it too. After repairing it works again but after some day the problem occurs again. Happened 2 times. After that I've posted on this forum.

Hi,  can you provide us with a support file ID, please? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file/

Offline Elliott Gill

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 11:39:29 PM »
Hi shekharendu7.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue, but I've found a resolve.

I previously had Avast installed, and allowed the Avast One installer to upgrade / overwrite it. It was after I had done this when the smart scan began hanging up on stage 3 (83%).

I've just uninstalled Avast completely and done a fresh install from scratch. The smart scanner is working fine now. I’m guessing this issue occurs if you upgrade from Avast to Avast One.

I hope this helps.