Author Topic: Avast Shields Issue  (Read 903 times)

Offline louisab75

Avast Shields Issue
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:56:22 PM »
For some reason Avast's shields are preventing me opening numerous my files and making some of those that will open read only.

After two hours of trying to figure out what the problem was, and eventually figuring out it was Avast, I pinpointed it to the following two shields.

Ransomware Shield
Sensitive Data Shield

I can have all the others on without an issue, but when I turn on Ransomware the file that I first realised had a problem became read only.  When I turn on the Sensitive Data Shield, I can't open the file at all and it gives me an error saying Errors occurred and giving various suggestions including not being permitted to access the file or drive.

To actually work on the files that I need, I have had to remove them from the various protection lists, but this is extremely time consuming since Avast has logged pretty much every file on my computer, including ebooks and anything else it seems to think is sensitive.  The only other option is to turn off the two problem shields completely, which rather defeats the purpose of having them.

So what I want to know is how I can protect my files but still be able to actually open and edit them myself. 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Shields Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 09:34:33 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0