Author Topic: Avast causes the new Forza Horizon 5 game to crash to the desktop  (Read 19614 times)

Offline Petro35356

Re: Avast causes the new Forza Horizon 5 game to crash to the desktop
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2021, 09:00:05 PM »
Hello there

the problem why the exeption is not working - is that the folder to the Files
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.405.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\*.*
have restricted permission.
effektiv permission
System : Read, execute
Local user: read
unknown user / Microsoft Account : Read , execute

The Avast Software have no permission - to read the folder or to access/look on it.

On my system the only way to play the game, when i turn off the software for a period.

maybe the hash from the forzahorizon5.exe file can help, to bring it to a secure execption for the application.

Offline levyibox

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2021, 07:50:14 AM »
Hello,

for users having issues with MS Store version of Forza Horizon 5: Can you please create AV exception for *\ForzaHorizon5.exe and test if it helped?

Settings->General->Exceptions->Add Exception (manually enter string *\ForzaHorizon5.exe )

Thank you

This exception does not work for me. The issue can be avoided only by disabling Avast shields.
Seems that there is no proper way in Avast to add UWP application to Avast exception. I think this point should be investigated by Avast team.

Offline Wrayman

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2021, 11:49:19 AM »
Microsoft Store user here on Windows 10, also having problems running Forza 5. Currently running the latest version of free Avast at time of writing.

For me the game crashed during the "Playground Games" screen initially, then after disabling the virtualisation option in Avast the game wouldn't boot at all. I've tried adding the exceptions for the .exe and the game folder with no luck, the only thing that worked was disabling all the core shields in Avast and then the game runs flawlessly.
Windows 10 Pro
i5 9600K, 32GB Ram, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, MSI 2060S Gaming X, Samsung 970 Evo 2Tb

Offline Mr. Consumer

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
Microsoft Store user here on Windows 10, also having problems running Forza 5. Currently running the latest version of free Avast at time of writing.

For me the game crashed during the "Playground Games" screen initially, then after disabling the virtualisation option in Avast the game wouldn't boot at all. I've tried adding the exceptions for the .exe and the game folder with no luck, the only thing that worked was disabling all the core shields in Avast and then the game runs flawlessly.
Then turn off Avast's shields before playing the game and activate them after finishing till the issue is solved. I believe Avast is trying their best to fix it as soon as possible. Some other Antivirus products are also having issues with the game, so it's a bit complicated I guess.

Offline Wrayman

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »
Then turn off Avast's shields before playing the game and activate them after finishing till the issue is solved. I believe Avast is trying their best to fix it as soon as possible. Some other Antivirus products are also having issues with the game, so it's a bit complicated I guess.

That's what I'm doing, but by telling them when and how the game responds to certain settings I hope to help them identify and fix the problem faster. When I finish work tonight I'm also going to set the shields to deactivate for 10mins and see if I can get the game running, then wait and see if the game continues to function after the shields come back on. That information could also help isolate the issue, so I'll provide it too!
Windows 10 Pro
i5 9600K, 32GB Ram, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, MSI 2060S Gaming X, Samsung 970 Evo 2Tb

Offline reemp91

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Please fix it. Some of us here are even paying for Avast and I don't want to delete it. I see from other anti-virus forums like Bitdefender that they've managed to solve the issue and already rolling updates. So please do something regarding this issue.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »

Avast is already working with the users. Your input really isn't of any help.
Spec8472 who is an Avast employee is already part of the discussion in this thread.

Avast is already working with the users. Your input really isn't of any help and your user name only adds confusion.
Spec8472 who is an Avast employee is already part of the discussion in this thread.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Petro35356

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2021, 07:39:01 PM »
Hello,

for users having issues with MS Store version of Forza Horizon 5: Can you please create AV exception for *\ForzaHorizon5.exe and test if it helped?

Settings->General->Exceptions->Add Exception (manually enter string *\ForzaHorizon5.exe )

For me the same. To allow the ForzaHorizon5.exe has no effect.

Offline Wrayman

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2021, 01:08:07 AM »
Ok, interestingly if you disable the Avast shields for 10mins and then boot the game it runs absolutely fine and when the shields come back on it continues to run. The only downside is that the online mode is kind of broken and the game keeps prompting you to return to free roam for some reason. I'm assuming that once the shields are back up the anti-cheat gets a bit broken and the online mode kicks you out intermittently. If you're playing single player it's not an issue but all the online events are a bit buggy.

Hope this helps some of you play the game but also keep your PC secure!
Windows 10 Pro

Offline Michael2386

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2021, 01:28:41 AM »
Same here... disabled for 10mins, game runs fine (except for online connectivity).

Eagerly awaiting a fix.

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2021, 08:55:53 AM »
Hi,

we released an VPS update which should help with the MS Store version. Please update to the latest VPS and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
PDI

Offline reemp91

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2021, 09:18:08 AM »
What do you mean by VPS?

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2021, 09:34:27 AM »
It's a new Virus database file.

Regards,
PDI

P.S. update to the latest AV 21.9. The restart maybe be pending on your machine.

Offline LilJay86

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2021, 11:46:03 AM »
Hi,

we released an VPS update which should help with the MS Store version. Please update to the latest VPS and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
PDI

Thank you, finaly the MS Store Version runs with the new VPS Update (Version 211110-8)  8)

THANKS!

Offline פורת

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »
Working now for MS Store thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 12:36:32 PM by פורת »