Author Topic: Avast causes the new Forza Horizon 5 game to crash to the desktop  (Read 19268 times)

Offline Michael2386

Re: Avast causes the new Forza Horizon 5 game to crash to the desktop
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2021, 12:28:35 AM »
Game is now stable and does not crash, however I believe the online connectivity is still being affected. 

Offline Wrayman

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2021, 10:12:06 AM »
Game is now stable and does not crash, however I believe the online connectivity is still being affected.

I thought that too but it's hard to say if it's just launch-week server issues or Avast interfering with the game. If you disable the shields for longer does it fix the issue or do you still get the error messages?
Windows 10 Pro
i5 9600K, 32GB Ram, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, MSI 2060S Gaming X, Samsung 970 Evo 2Tb

Offline Michael2386

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2021, 12:07:58 AM »
Here's what i did to fix it -

Under Protection > Firewall > Application rules > Search Forza > Locate ForzaHorizon5.exe > Change Allowed connections to All connections.

Offline jcb19812004

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2021, 11:56:25 PM »
I tried adding an exception definition (for MS Store), I tried the virus definition update, I've tried running as administrator, I've allowed "all connections" and used "auto-decide" for the other connection requests (I've also tried "Ask"), and I've tried shutting down all other applications besides Avast.  No luck.  It will run beautifully if I turn off "all shields" on Avast without running as administrator and even with other programs running.  I have the latest version of Avast (paid subscription).  My PC is 100% up-to-date including drivers.  I don't want to simply play without an antivirus running.  Any other suggestions?