Author Topic: online protection ?  (Read 2730 times)

glen bell

online protection ?
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:58:39 AM »
I paid like 50 dollars for this program and the on line protection the the pro edition sucks it bogs down my computer and doesn't do half of what all it is supposed to do like protect email sites and so on.Also it doesn't show you want the hell is going on or nothing.I don't use window live mail or the other one either and i don't know how to get the windows one for vista home premium working either I use yahoo mail plus and it is not protecting that site. It may be a great anti virus program for removing viruses but i still don't know that yet either.I shut off the on line protection part of it and need to have my  computer guy look at it and get it all configured right he knows all the tricks. I am just disappointed that is doesn't work like it is supposed to and it takes over my computer and i cant even play the games I want to play. well that is all i have if you can give me advice on what i should be doing with this program email me at mikekimey47@yahoo.com thank you over and out! signed glen bell. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<thanks everyone for your info i did a rienstall of avast and it is doing better now i got righ of 6 online providers and kept standard shield and scipt blocking and I know how to use the scanner also and i use onling protection as well I couldnt do anything with all the other providers so they had to go so hell it could be worse at least it is working and it does scan everything that you are doing so that is kool so sorry also for saying 50 dollors  you all were right about the price and with that im lousy with typing and english grammer and all the rest but remember if you think it is bad just say it could be worse signed glen bell over and out!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:48:54 PM by glen bell »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: online protection ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
doesn't do half of what all it is supposed to do like protect email sites and so on.
I don't think so... it protects like it says...
I'm sad because of your experience, but you're not being fair. I use Pro version too and I'm quite happy.

Also it doesn't show you want the hell is going on or nothing.
What do you want to know? Almost everything could be configurated in avast.

I use yahoo mail plus and it is not protecting that site.
To ATT Yahoo SSL mail see: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14854.msg238394#msg238394

I am just disappointed that is doesn't work like it is supposed to and it takes over my computer and i cant even play the games I want to play.
Why can't you play?

mikekimey47  @  yahoo  .  com
It's better remove... avoid spam.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:49:22 AM »
I paid like 50 dollars for this program and the on line protection

Where did you purchase this as I believe the price is $39.95 ?

There are some fraudulent sites.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 03:19:11 AM »
There are some fraudulent sites.
I hope you haven't bought a license from a site on this list: http://www.avast.com/eng/fraudulent-sales-of-avast-products.html
The best things in life are free.