Author Topic: Cant switch anti-tracking on  (Read 4355 times)

Offline nrg1975

Cant switch anti-tracking on
« on: October 09, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »
I am finding the latest version of anti-track infuriating. Firstly I get a pop-up message in the bottom corner saying 2 attempts blocked literally every two seconds (even though the log said they were days ago and it is the same two all the time, Ive cleared the data to see if that helps).  Secondly I can't switch on anti-tracking or browser protection, if I go into the screen and move the slider from not protected to protected it goes green but I have no way to go back to the menu, if I click the icon in the top left the protection switches off again and if I exit out and go back in I get the same thing. Same with browser protection I can switch them all to green but as soon as I go back to the menu they go red again. And why no avast browser in the browser protection menu? Very frustrating, will have to remove I think. Any ideas welcome. 

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Cant switch anti-tracking on
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:44:35 PM »
Hi,

This is a bug and our developers are looking into this issue. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Avast Secure Browser has its own anti-tracking feature (it is located under secure://extensions/).

Offline arkroyal4n2

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
Hi,
Does this mean you wont need to re-new Avast anti track if you Continue to Use Avast Search engine from now on.

Offline nrg1975

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 10:28:06 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me, I will look forward to an updated version that allows me to keep the sliders on green and me protected!

As arkroyal4n2 says it would be useful to know if we need it?  I use Avast Secure Browser so maybe anti-track is not needed? When I go into secure://extensions I only have passwords listed though - should I see an anti-track extension? If I click visit Avast add-ons I cant see any anti-track either?  I am sure I am being silly but I like to view what tracking attempts are blocked - makes me feel it is working!

Thanks in advance

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 03:39:08 PM »
@ arkroyal4n2
@nrg1975

If you only need basic anti-tracking without the additional features found in Avast AntiTrack (https://www.avast.com/en-us/antitrack#look) then Avast Secure Browser should suffice.
In Avast Secure Browser, if you only see passwords listed when you go to secure://extensions, please click on the "Developer mode" toggle switch to turn it on. You should see Avast Anti-Tracking (not Avast Anti-Track).

Offline rxc

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »
I am also having severe problems with antitrack, and don't know how to turn it off.  I cannot find the program anywhere, or any settings in the Avast menus.  Where do I go to turn it off?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 03:51:00 PM »
I am also having severe problems with antitrack, and don't know how to turn it off.  I cannot find the program anywhere, or any settings in the Avast menus.  Where do I go to turn it off?

Hi,

Please see if you can uninstall it as mentioned in this guide. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-AntiTrack/
If not, I would suggest that you contact Avast Support via https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/