Author Topic: alert that no AV program on comuter  (Read 3421 times)

nondaj

alert that no AV program on comuter
« on: October 04, 2007, 02:35:46 AM »
I have just learned about Admin. and User accounts so have done some readjusting of same and passworded both.  Now am getting alerts that my PC has no AV protection.  When I check in Windows Security window there is a message that not all AV programs are recognized by Windows.

1 - not sure what that means re protection for my PC
2 never got this message before and have had AV home edition for some time
3 - do not know how to turn off the message as it continually pops up
4 - my program continues to update with voice alert so feel I am protected.

can anyone advise?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: alert that no AV program on comuter
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:00:26 AM »
I'm assuming you are using XP and the WSC is notoriously for issues recognising AVs and firewalls as the repository becomes corrupt. This is pretty much confirmed by the avast appears to be working.

You can turn off the message by changing the monitoring and opt to check yourself, but that is treating the symptom rather than the disease. Control Panel, Security Center, Change the way Security Center alerts me, uncheck those options you don't want it to report on.

However, it is better to resolve the real problem.
Check this - Solution when Windows Security Center does not recognize antivirus or firewall and let us know how you got on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security