Author Topic: Mail Protection Wizard  (Read 2398 times)

ronnycopeh

Mail Protection Wizard
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:48:58 PM »
Hello everyone, Will some please tell me where is the Mail Protection Wizard so I can configure windows mail to run with Avast and Since I am new could someone give me a few configurations for the software, Thanks. So far its running good, I just need to understand the interface. I am running Avast Pro 4.7

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Mail Protection Wizard
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »
What operating system are you using? 

The Wizard does not exist and is not needed for Windows Vista,  Windows XP, Windows 2000 systems.

The Wizard is installed for and needed only with Windows 98 & Windows Me systems.

ronnycopeh

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:10:06 AM »
Thanks, I am using Vista home premium, Do you have any suggestion for configurations for easy use and protection?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:21:05 AM »
The Internet Mail provider (if you have turned it on) will provide automatic scanning of regular POP & SMTP accounts used by most email clients.  avast does not and cannot (without assistance) scan any secured email connections (those using TLS or SSL connections).  If you are using the Internet Mail provider I recommend that the sensitivity of that provider be set to High (use the customize button).  This will not create any significant overhead but will detect and alert you to any spam creating infection. 

If you use Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express) as your mail client then the avast Outlook plugin should be used instead of the Internet Mail provider.

The Internet Mail provider does not scan mail you access through your Web browser.  However, that activity is scanned by the avast Webshield (as it does for Web browsing in general).   

ronnycopeh

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:34:29 AM »
I am using windows mail for my mail client, thanks for the settings

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 12:35:39 AM »
I am using windows mail for my mail client, thanks for the settings
Works as the same as Outlook Express in Alanrf's explanations.
The best things in life are free.