Author Topic: Conflict with Comodo Personal Firewall 3  (Read 12065 times)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Conflict with Comodo Personal Firewall 3
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »
ok here's what they say : "everything works fine by just changing from Web Shield options http forwarding or something from port 80 to port 12020

Hi guys, I am happy to hear Comodo team fixed that in the newest version. But anyway I wanted to inform you that this trick means: "disable WebShield".
Very strange how firewall gurus on the Comodo forum can operate with terms like TCP port without thinking.

If you want to call your Mom via telephone no one would suggest calling a different number if your mother is currently not at home. This is the same.

So again:
Unless you do a lot browsing on port 12020 (which I doubt anyone here have ever used for anything), this settings disables WebShield for you. The number 80 means HTTP. HTTP servers provide their pages on TCP port 80 if they want to be accessible by others. Similarly POP3 scanner uses 110, which is the TCP port number where POP3 service is usually offered. Changing ports to some obscure values does not make any sense.

gdiloren

Re: Conflict with Comodo Personal Firewall 3
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 05:06:57 PM »
Just to let you know I have non conflict with Comodo 3 beta. Just leave it in learning mode and don,t touch anything. Only conflict (is it related?) is with spyware terminator that I can't open withouth trying 2 or three times upon and error message of windows that there is no disk. I use Vista. :)