Author Topic: Avast Premium Security: Firewall : Current Network : Network Number Connected  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Hugh45

Hi everyone
I run a small home Windows 7 network with 3 desktop computers and 1 laptop.  During the setup of Avast Premium Security Firewall the Current Network was automatically assigned, one labelled 'Network 5' on the main computere and on another computer it was labelled 'Network 6'  I attempted to have all computers use 'Network 5' to no avail.
Should not the Firewall Network number be the same on every computer on the network? The file sharing between each is all the same.
Should this be fixed? If, yes, how would I go about doing that?
Thank you for your help
Hugh
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:07:14 PM by Hugh45 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi Hugh, if everything runs smooth, I wouldn't worry about the naming. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Hi Hugh45, the name for the network is generated locally on every computer (by Windows OS). If there are indicators that can help, such as a wifi network SSID or assigned DNS suffix, the name is taken from that, if not, Windows will just assign a number - it can be different on every computer and does not have any significance.

Offline Hugh45

Cheers - Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0