Author Topic: [Resolved] Avast is blocking VALORANT and Vanguard Anti-Cheat  (Read 18130 times)

Offline TheAnimatedKiddo

[Resolved] Avast is blocking VALORANT and Vanguard Anti-Cheat
« on: November 16, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »
Hey there Avast Forums,

Before you copy-paste a link to the guide to exclude file locations and sites, please note that VALORANT is a bit complex when it comes to giving file locations. I recently uninstalled Avast after asking for support from Riot Support and I feel unsafe leaving my PC's security to Windows. The latest update of Avast blocks VALORANT's Anti-Cheat called Vanguard and also sets a password to the application. Can someone who knows all of the file locations of Vanguard and VALORANT give a full guide or instruction on how to exclude VALORANT? Also, please include a guide on how to prevent Avast from adding a password. I've already done the steps on the Avast Article and it still didn't work (I did safe mode and delete file and stuff). And where can I request better virus definitions? Please take your time and thank you in advance.

From,
A kid who needs Avast back A.S.A.P. since said kid is about to enter shady stuff.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 08:03:10 AM by TheAnimatedKiddo »

Offline KayCee4

Re: Avast is blocking VALORANT and Vanguard Anti-Cheat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 03:16:29 PM »
Same issue as well.

I received a response from Valorant's support and this was the highlight of what I got:

"First of all, I would like to thank you for your support on VALORANT and we really appreciate it. Understand that you currently facing the error VAL 128 when try to launch the VALORANT. Don't worry let me take a look on it and see what can we do for you.

In regards to your concern, we are aware of this issue with the error code VAN 128. Apparently, the issue was triggered due to an update launched for AVAST / AVG Anti-Virus and it actually triggered the error code VAN 128. In this case, I would advise you to contact Avast / AVG for further assist to resolve the issue as the root cause lies with them. I hope for your kind understanding and patience regarding this."

I tried to contact and did what I needed to do using the steps given on the issue but it was useless. I am planning to just uninstall AVAST but it won't let me.

And, I don't know what to do anymore. :/

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 03:36:15 PM »
Hi guys, please provide logs (https://support.avast.com/article/33/) or screenshots of any pop ups, that would be helpful.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline JakubV

• Threat Operations
  • Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 10:00:04 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you for flagging this to us.

We have identified the issue and released a fix via virus definition update. Please update your Avast virus definitions (should update to 211116-15) and that should resolve the issue.

Please let us know if there are any more issues.

Regards,

Jakub

Offline TheAnimatedKiddo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 05:48:58 AM »
Hi all,

Thank you for flagging this to us.

We have identified the issue and released a fix via virus definition update. Please update your Avast virus definitions (should update to 211116-15) and that should resolve the issue.

Please let us know if there are any more issues.

Regards,

Jakub

Hi JakubV,

Thanks for the quick response! When will Virus Definition 211116-15 land? I've been spamming Check for Updates for a very long time and it's still 211116-14. Is there some beta version of virus definition? Thanks again!

Offline JakubV

• Threat Operations
  • Avast team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 10:27:56 AM »
Hi TheAnimatedKiddo,

No problem. It is out now for the normal version of Avast Security. If its not popping up for you, we'll also release the next update in a few hours, so you can try again then.

Jakub

Offline TheAnimatedKiddo

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 12:48:27 AM »
Hi TheAnimatedKiddo,

No problem. It is out now for the normal version of Avast Security. If its not popping up for you, we'll also release the next update in a few hours, so you can try again then.

Jakub

Thanks JakubV,
It seems fixed already and I can access VALORANT normally. Do I close this post?

Same issue as well.

I received a response from Valorant's support and this was the highlight of what I got:

"First of all, I would like to thank you for your support on VALORANT and we really appreciate it. Understand that you currently facing the error VAL 128 when try to launch the VALORANT. Don't worry let me take a look on it and see what can we do for you.

In regards to your concern, we are aware of this issue with the error code VAN 128. Apparently, the issue was triggered due to an update launched for AVAST / AVG Anti-Virus and it actually triggered the error code VAN 128. In this case, I would advise you to contact Avast / AVG for further assist to resolve the issue as the root cause lies with them. I hope for your kind understanding and patience regarding this."

I tried to contact and did what I needed to do using the steps given on the issue but it was useless. I am planning to just uninstall AVAST but it won't let me.

And, I don't know what to do anymore. :/

It was fixed two days ago, very cool!

Hey there Avast Forums,

Hello,Avast i cant open valorant because you block their anti virus app and make me cant play the game could you fix it or is there a video i can exclude valorant from being block.I tried allowed app but still not working.

From,
anonymous

It was fixed two days ago, very cool!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 12:50:36 AM by TheAnimatedKiddo »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast is blocking VALORANT and Vanguard Anti-Cheat - Resolved
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 03:24:22 AM »
Hi TheAnimatedKiddo,

Jakub

Thanks JakubV,
It seems fixed already and I can access VALORANT normally. Do I close this post?
<snip>

You can't close it as such, it will slowly drop out of sight in the chronological order of topics.  You can of course add Resolved to the Subject of your First Post (as I have done in my reply). 
Click the Modify button in that first post and add the Text.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security