Author Topic: AVAST anti track blocking Email clients  (Read 2641 times)

Offline rempel

AVAST anti track blocking Email clients
« on: November 16, 2021, 12:34:49 PM »
Hello everybody,
I am using a (paid) E-Mail service from Germany (GMX ProMail) which has an online mail client. Recently (after an Avast Update) I wasn´t able to log into this client using Microsoft Edge or Firefox browsers (it still worked on the same Laptop with Google Chrome though and also with an iPhone app). After discussing it with the hotline of the service I could determine that Avast Anti Track was the problem.

A similar problem also occurs with another proprietary system (the German special lawyer mail service BEA which is mandatory). There also was a conflict with Avast Anti Track.

Now, work around this I have to stop Avast Anti Track and aditionally I have to stop the process via the task Manager (I´m running Windows10). This is a nice workaround but annoying in the long run.

Is there any possibilty (except deleting / stopping Anti Track) to not have this problem?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: AVAST anti track blocking Email clients
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 08:22:51 PM »
Hi,

I take it this is a web-based email, please try adding the domain to the allowed list. Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Use-AntiTrack/#idt_5000