Author Topic: AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of....  (Read 5520 times)

Offline N@URINE

lately, I opened the "avast! Log Viewer" and under "Program run" went to "Error" and "Warning" then I found this :
AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of (a file which contains pictures).
I went to that file and I noticed whenever I open it the error is marked in "Error" & "Warning".
I thought that Avast couldn't scan that file. so, I created an "Eicar Test File" inside the file to see if the Avast can scan and detect if a virus is there, but the Avast did.
can you please help me? I can't get this problem  !!!
this is the picture that may help you to better understand my problem.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:03:34 AM by Nourine »
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

Re: AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:08:43 AM »
by the way, I tried to Repair it from add/delete programs but, it didn't work.
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:20:31 AM »
This is just verbose of the logs... frankly, there isn't that many reasons to get worried.
Try to schedule a boot time scanning with avast and see if you're clean... Man, it's late in Moroco ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 03:42:20 AM »
This is just verbose of the logs... frankly, there isn't that many reasons to get worried.
Try to schedule a boot time scanning with avast and see if you're clean... Man, it's late in Moroco ;D
thank you Tech
I'm not worry, but I want to know what's that !
yes, it's late here, most of us stay up late in this holy month :)
I'll try tomorrow and I'll see
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

I scheduled a boot-time scanning and everything is ok. I made a right click on the file and got no error. however, it happens only when I open the file.
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 03:24:00 AM »
I found out where the problem came from. I followed the path then I notice the error is with a thumbs.dll file which a hidden system file (it exists with a file where I put some pictures). I think it was damaged or so. I just deleted it and when I modified my picuture file it was created again and I don't have that error any more.
NourinE