Author Topic: DO NOT use Avast  (Read 2504 times)

Offline ladyboss30405

DO NOT use Avast
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:57:30 AM »
DO NOT buy from Avast. Their website says try free for 60 days and also, 30 money back guarantee. I tried it fir 3 days and it did not work as expected. Found out they charged my charge car for 1 year subscription. Went online and hit the cancel tab. Went straight to India troubleshooting. They guy wanted to reconfigure my computer to see if it will work correctly. I would not allow him to do that. He gave me the sales dept number that I needed to cal to cancel and get a refund. Once again back to India to a sales person I could hardly understand. She wanted to send me back to tech support. I said I wanted a refund. She said we do not do refunds. I reminded her that the website said 60 day free trial and 30 day money back guarantee. She left and came back to the phone 5 minutes later. She tried to read off a list of all kinds of software that she wanted to give me instead of a refund. I again told her no. She then said she could not find my confirmation number or email that was used to purchase. I got very upset and loud. She then said ok I found it and I will issue a refund. And, that she will email a cancellation refund confirmation. 8 hours later I received an email they cannot find my order and wanted more information.  I contacted paypal and put the order into dispute and will be contacting my bank tomorrow that paypal is linked to.  This company is a scam. Stay far away from them.

Offline shawn.engleman

• Avast team
Re: DO NOT use Avast
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »
Hello ladyboss30405. Thank you very much for taking the time to communicate with Avast. My name is Shawn, and I am writing to you on behalf of the Avast Customer Care team.

The experience you shared, is not the experience we intended for you to have had, and I intend to help you.

Given the nature of privacy, involving your subscription details, I will write to you your email address, as it is associated to your Avast product subscription.

Sincerest Regards, Shawn