Author Topic: Windows XP SP3 to include some Vista features  (Read 7899 times)

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: Windows XP SP3 to include some Vista features
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:19 AM »
No you're not the only one ;D . I'm also happy with my Vista. Great OS.

Same Here, No problems.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »
I will always respect him for everything he did for computer World. Sure he wasn't Angel always, but we all must admit he is a visionary and he is a genius, there is no doubt about it.
::) Sure a real visionary and Genius Tell that to The Apple and Open Source Developers who have had their work stolen by his company.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
I'm sorry to say this, but you're wrong there Kyle... Where is the proof that he was the "executor" in that case. Microsoft has thousands and thousands of employees. I am 110% sure he is not being asked for every single question they have...

Apple people are not saints either and everybody knows that. Just take a look at that case where woman bought an iPod for her daughter and when she got home, they opened this box, and instead of an iPod, they found a bunch of rocks inside... they went back to the store and they wouldn't give them money back, because they thought they planted those rocks themselves (that's why I record every box opening with my camcorder, of course only when it comes to some big purchases like iMac or similar) So, woman decided to buy another one because she wanted to give his girl a present. She asked that salesman if they can open that box before they pay for it... he said there is no way they can do that, they have to pay first and then they can do whatever they want with the product... so they actually paid for a new one. Opened that box in front of the salesman, and voila... you're guessing right... rocks again!

It looks like someone in distribution center was pocketing those iPods and planting rocks inside boxes instead...

Ok, this is completely different story - but should we blame Steve Jobs for not doing anything to stop actions like this ? Of course not, we should anyway blame him for a lot of other things, that's for sure. But my point is, he has no clue what's happening in all those little distribution centers around the World... BTW, this was in USA ;)

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/09/birthday-girl-gets-two-rock-filled-ipod-boxes/
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

justin1278

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 09:22:31 PM »
I'm running Vista on 2Gb of RAM memory and it doesn't help when it comes to these issues... Vista definitely needs those patches and it needs them ASAP. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many people out there complaining about exactly same things...  :-\

Not saying that these issues do not exist, but for my uses Vista has been fine so far, however you're correct these issues do need to be fixed ASAP.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
People are crying how Vista sucks but honestly i've never used so stable OS from beginning. Sure there are minor issues but none are as big as they were before. Only i could even find so far is very slow transfer rate from external devices (USB keys and mostly from card readers and digital cameras). Other than this, there isn't really any problems.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:53:02 PM »
Well, some people are crying... but when you pay all that money for OS that doesn't do what you expected and what was promised in the first place, they really have all rights to complain. Again, working is large and system demanding applications is drastically slower than it was in XP... crazy. That's why I have dual boot (Vista/XP) on my laptop... sad to say that I boot into XP a lot more often than into Vista. No one is attacking MS or this OS, but I am just being objective. I loved everything MS, I swear to God, but when this thing came out, I simply lost my faith... They have to do something about these issues and they have to do it quickly.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s