Author Topic: avast service stops -> internet lost  (Read 793 times)

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
avast service stops -> internet lost
« on: March 18, 2022, 06:38:21 PM »
Hi
Since about 1 month I have a problem with avast (every 2,3,...,5 days if I don't reboot my W7 64 pc).
The event viewer shows that the avast service stops unexpectedly  17:10:23(screenshot 1).
So, I have no access to the internet even after the automatic restart of the service after 5 seconds 17:10:28 (screenshot 2).
My local network continues to work, no problem with my network card, ping ok on network but ko for internet (screenshot 3).
The avast icon in the taskbar doesn't show me any problem (screenshot 4) but the UI is long to open.
I tried a repair, deactivated/activated my network card, changed session (other user), ran avast tool .... but still no internet.
The only way to get it back is to restart my computer: it works again for a few days.
nb1:the problem was already present with avast premium 22.1 last month (still now with 22.2).
nb2:I don't know if it has anything to do with it but every time I reboot (or wake up from sleep), my network is considered as "public" for 4 or 5 seconds: the firewall blocks all connections (Public TCP/UDP in block).

Before doing a clean re-installation that will (hopefully) solve the problem, I expose it here to try to understand.
Ps: I have generated a report file if someone from avast wants to look at it

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 06:40:57 PM by chris.. »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast service stops -> internet lost
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »
Before doing a clean re-installation that will (hopefully) solve the problem, I expose it here to try to understand.
Hi Chris, in case the reinstall doesn't help, report back. I/we can forward it if needed.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0