Author Topic: VPN and RING video doorbells and other brands too.  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Wayne158

VPN and RING video doorbells and other brands too.
« on: December 15, 2021, 04:36:38 PM »
Is there any work-arounds that will allow me to have my internet connected Ring video door chime AND have a VPN?  Ring support will tell you that you flat can't have a VPN and have Wifi and internet functionality from their product at all.  I found that out because I setup a VPN and Ring device stopped functioning. I've subsequently been told that that issue is not just a RING issue but affects competitor devices also. Something about if device inside VPN boundaries then the device is unable to communicate from inside VPN to internet and ultimately send data such as motion detected or door chime has been rung to my phone/me who might be 1000 miles away.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:38:13 PM by Wayne158 »

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
Re: VPN and RING video doorbells and other brands too.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 12:13:10 AM »
I have the ring doorbell w ring chime also ring outdoor camera and ring indoor security stuff.I have avast vpn that i use on my phone that controls the ring equipment and also on laptops, also use nord vpn on my home router at times and ive never had any problems between them.My ring equipment all works fine,chimes,video and notifications.