Author Topic: avast home need help  (Read 3057 times)

akawho

avast home need help
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:12:44 PM »
hello all

looking for some help on here i play on-line gaming . but no iam getting kick from game by punk buster  for lose of packets ......

now thats all to do with avast  this is what it says on bunk puster web site ...

Since the new components have been installed, I now get kicked from PunkBuster servers for "handshaking failed" or "Losing Key Packets", how can I fix that?

Some other software programs such as virus scanners, firewalls and Internet security software packages are suspicious of any new services and kernel drivers when they are first released. Some of these will block our new components thereby causing the "Losing Key Packets" kicking. Until these various packages are updated to correctly identify PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe, and PnkBstrK.sys as components of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat System, players who experience PunkBuster kicks due to these conflicts need to either manually adjust the settings of the other software running on their system or disable the other software while playing on PunkBuster enabled servers. The new PunkBuster components make use of network resources and also frequently update files in the Windows system folders. This activity triggers warnings or blocks by some other security programs, some of which consider all unknown programs as threats or malware. Our new components are simply extensions of the existing PunkBuster system using new services and kernel software drivers, and are each signed with Verisign / Authenticode digital signatures for verifiable authenticity purposes. Most major security packages do not block our new components; users with other software that causes these conflicts should contact the vendor of their security package and request an update to correct this conflict.

now its not on my firwall and its been excluded from scanning bf2 folder but its still kicking me

help help me please with this

thank you akawho

akawho

Re: avast home need help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
so its looking like i need to find a new anty virus . as i see no help from the people on this forums

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »
I don't think we, users, have that much knowledge to help on this quite so specific matter.
avast does not work with 'suspicious' packages and it's not a firewall.
It scans the inbound http traffic and, if it is infected, blocks it.
There are not heuristic analysis by on-access avast resident. You can use the two Exclusion lists of avast to ignore scanning (on-access and on-demand) of these files that you're sure that are clean.
Sorry, can help further with my knowledge.
The best things in life are free.

akawho

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:16:13 PM »
lo.

thanks for the reply i did Exclusion in the avast ignore list but only one as i did not know there was two Exclusion lists of avast .
   so i will go and have a look now

again thanks for the help

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:31:39 PM »
On-Access
Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add
and
On-demand
Program Settings, Exclusions
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 12:17:56 AM »
i did not know there was two Exclusion lists of avast
In details...

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.