Author Topic: VPN doesn't connect to any server  (Read 1391 times)

Offline richtel

VPN doesn't connect to any server
« on: December 16, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
Running Win10 Pro, Avast One 21.11.2500, VPN module 5.14.5808 (latest versions as far as I can tell). Paid subscription.

Network is fine, Internet access is good. No other AV or VPN connections installed.

No matter which VPN endpoint is selected, it won't connect- the slider just goes back to red. Anyone else seeing this?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 10:57:59 AM by richtel »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: VPN doesn't connect to any server
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »
Running Win10 Pro, Avast One 21.11.2500, VPN module 5.14.5808 (latest versions as far as I can tell). Paid subscription.

Network is fine, Internet access is good. No other AV or VPN connections installed.

No matter which VPN endpoint is selected, it won't connect- the slider just goes back to red. Anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

Please go to - Explore > Firewall > Open Firewall > under "Connected to" change it to "Trusted"
If the issue persists, try to repair Avast one - Account> Settings> Troubleshoot> "Repair Avast One"

If that does not help, please contact Avast Support via https://support.avast.com/en-gb/contact/paid_pc_avast-one

Offline richtel

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »
Thanks very much for the ideas- unfortunately it was already set on 'trusted' (toggle tried) and resetting the app didn't solve the VPN issue. I'll reach out to support.

Offline richtel

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
Just by way of update, just for kicks after logging the issue with Support, I tried totally uninstalling, rebooting, ensuring Windows Defender was happy, then reinstalling Avast One.

Lo and behold, VPN now works perfectly to any endpoint I choose. Happy days!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 02:08:46 PM »
Just by way of update, just for kicks after logging the issue with Support, I tried totally uninstalling, rebooting, ensuring Windows Defender was happy, then reinstalling Avast One.

Lo and behold, VPN now works perfectly to any endpoint I choose. Happy days!

Thank you for the update.