Author Topic: Cannot find infected file  (Read 3626 times)

Treetop

Cannot find infected file
« on: March 06, 2004, 04:21:36 PM »
Hello.  When a virus is detected and the actions dialogue screen pops up and I press "delete", an error appears stating that "cannot find the specified file" with the path being "c:\windows\temp\_avast4_\unpXXXX.
I must then just press "OK", and manually delete the message. This only started to happen after the upgrade to home version 4.1.357. I also noticed when moving the cursor over the buttons on the scanner, the small "action" dialogues do not open. Oh yes, using win98.
Other than that, great program, been having lots of target practise with Netsky lately. Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Cannot find infected file
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:31:44 PM »
Hello.  When a virus is detected and the actions dialogue screen pops up and I press "delete", an error appears stating that "cannot find the specified file" with the path being "c:\windows\temp\_avast4_\unpXXXX.
I must then just press "OK", and manually delete the message. This only started to happen after the upgrade to home version 4.1.357. I also noticed when moving the cursor over the buttons on the scanner, the small "action" dialogues do not open. Oh yes, using win98.
Other than that, great program, been having lots of target practise with Netsky lately. Thanks.

For some reason the temporary file is not being deleted  :-\
Can you delete all the unpXXXX files at that folder? Maybe you have to boot in Safe Mode (F8) or DOS...
Hope this help.  :-*
The best things in life are free.

Treetop

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 04:38:23 PM »
Yes, I just deleted all the unpXXXX files. There were 18 of them. "Who" deletes the temp folder?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 04:50:18 PM »
Yes, I just deleted all the unpXXXX files. There were 18 of them. "Who" deletes the temp folder?

avast! should do it... For some reason this is not happening (access lock?).
We have to wait for a word from the support team.

You could find a lot of automatic cleaners in the web or here at the section Cleaning & Tunning Tools.  ;)
The best things in life are free.