Author Topic: Stuck on "Continues with the boot"  (Read 3234 times)

snadragon

Stuck on "Continues with the boot"
« on: March 07, 2004, 04:09:01 AM »
When I start windows xp before it boots windows it scans all my files and then "continues with the boot" except it never continues and just leaves my computer hanging at the scan screen. I can't go into any type of safe mode either because it freezes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 04:12:28 AM by snadragon »

Summoner Yuna

Re:Stuck on "Continues with the boot"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 04:12:21 AM »
intresting.  the ALWIL team should a workaround.  they will be on in a few hours

snadragon

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 09:15:45 PM »
Nevermind :P I got it to work.  apparently uninstalling avast was the right way to go.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 10:11:08 PM »
I suppose that you reinstall avast! because this is not a bug but, probably, a problem of your previous installation...

Usually, if you try to schedule a boottime scan and want to cancel it, you can try to do the same thing again... The 'second' tentative of scheduling will ask you if you want to disable the boottime scanning.

If you cannot reach the final of the boot, so you have a problem in the windows registry. The key I cannot write now because I'm on a ME system right now... But can be manually corrected (Igor could guide you or you can find a forum, seaching for boottime problems).

A well-done installation of avast! works and do not avoid the end of the boot. The boottime scanning could be easily canceled or finished as well.
Oh, at least, this is the normal behavior in my computers  8)
The best things in life are free.