Author Topic: Licence Problem - Avast! SBS Server Edition  (Read 4473 times)

TiVoMad

Licence Problem - Avast! SBS Server Edition
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
Hi,
I have been evaluating the SBS edition of avast for a while and I have just purchased a 3 year licence. I specified 16 users in the order. I have installed the licence and it shows as the following :-

Product            Type      Count   Valid To                Update To   Issued
avast! SBS edition - Standard   Release      16   -unlimited-   Dec 19, 2010   Oct 19, 2007
Avast! Network Client      Release      1   -unlimited-   Dec 19, 2010   Oct 19, 2007

Is this correct ? The management console is showing all but three clients with the key icon which I believe means it thinks we do not have enough licences which would seem to make sense as the count for the net client is 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

TiVoMad

Re: Licence Problem - Avast! SBS Server Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:48:43 PM »
Oh dear, I think I know what I have done now  :'(
Looks like I ordered the SBS server edition when I should have ordered the SBS suite.
Is there any way I can change the licence to SBS suite and pay the difference ?

Kind Regards.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:00:13 PM »
I would suggest you contact sales @ avast.com (without the spaces) and explain the problem, I'm sure they will be able to help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

TiVoMad

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:07:54 PM »
I have contacted sales and it is all sorted  :) I have been given a refund and I can now order the correct license. As an I.T. veteran, I can't believe I made this mistake but then again, just human I guess!

I have to say that I am very impressed with the customer service. It's a great product anyway but I did not think it would be so easy to fix this mess up on my part. Top respect guys.

Kind Regards,
Trevor.