Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 1319 times)

Offline dougthompson

Feature Request
« on: December 18, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
Hi
You Firewall stops WiFi printing from working after upgrade - I have the premium version.
My household has access to my network-connected HP laser jet printer.
I tried to print a test page from my laptop, but it could not connect to the print spooler (on my workstation that hosts the spooler for the printer).
In MS Word it just said 'set up error'.
I restarted the spooler, I could send a print document from the workstation, but not the laptop.
I restarted the Laptop - fail.
I restarted the Workstation - fail
I had to disable the Avast Firewall and is good.
It is clear that most things just don't work when Avast is enabled and you don't know why, there are no messages like
"Laptop tried to use your printer do you want to enable this?"

What would be useful is to be able to install an avast service on my laptop and 'Join' me trusted workstation that has a 'One Button Stet up' of a print spooler, like even my mobile phone likes wifi printing.
That has more benefit than constantly trying to upsell a VPN that I could get for free, and given that I can get a free VPN why would I want to pay for something that is free, also my IP address is trusted elsewhere, so that would bot help and if I needed a VPN I can use ciscos free VPN connect anyway.

It would also be nice if you had a feedback button that connected to something like UserVoice from your Avast.Help menu. Just would make sense to understand what your users loved and hated about your products.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 09:38:14 AM »
You Firewall stops WiFi printing from working after upgrade - I have the premium version.
Set the Avast Firewall to private/trusted mode/network and reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:24:29 AM »
That has more benefit than constantly trying to upsell a VPN that I could get for free, and given that I can get a free VPN why would I want to pay for something that is free, also my IP address is trusted elsewhere, so that would bot help and if I needed a VPN I can use ciscos free VPN connect anyway.
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 11:26:24 AM »
It would also be nice if you had a feedback button that connected to something like UserVoice from your Avast.Help menu. Just would make sense to understand what your users loved and hated about your products.
You can submit your feedback in "About Avast".