Author Topic: 4.7.1043 Home is fine, but after update the comptuer is slow  (Read 3051 times)

duude

4.7.1043 Home is fine, but after update the comptuer is slow
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:39 AM »
Hello!

I am using Home version of Avast on Vista, and have had no trouble, but about aweek ago there was an update. After the new version updated, my computer slowed to a crawl. It would take 2-3 minutes to load most applications (Task Manager and Firefox to name a couple) and almost 5 minutes to shutdown. Ater uninstalling the updates, I reinstalled the latest from the website (4.7.1043) and all was well again.

The only clue I have to it really being Avast slowing the machine down is that the comptuer runs quickly if Avast is not installed. Possibility: Is it getting stuck on VRDB creation? I have my computer stay alive in screen saver while I was gone to work, so I can't be sure. It was still slow after that time and two reboots.

If anyone has an idea, let me know! I have never had trouble with Avast until this past week! Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:46:13 AM by duude »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: 4.7.1043 Home is fine, but after update the comptuer is slow
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:36:42 AM »
Hey duude ;),

please see my post here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=31185.msg259127#msg259127

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

insider

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
Sorry VLK but I use windows xp pro together with a Comodo Firewall and ... I have the same experience : my surfing is slow and it takes much more time to load certain sites....  ???
I switched back to avast 1043 and everything went back to normal. I hope the next release will fix this bug ...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
insider, we're not talking about slow browsing here; we're talking about delays when e.g. running a program etc... and that's a big difference.

Please don't hijack other people's threads and start your own. Again, your problem is unrelated to the one we're trying to solve here.

Thanks
Vlk

duude

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:00:10 AM »
I don't understand why, but it does it. I am going to let Avast update the software whenever it wants to on my machine, and deal with it then. It is just unfortunate that there is such a difference in the two versions.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »
Unfortunately, no one submitted a dump file (yet) so it's really hard to estimate what the problem is.
It is absolutely no repro on any of our 20+ Vista machines...

Cheers
Vlk